My Journey Through Grad School

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Start of a New Race

A year ago, I moved from New Jersey to Rochester, MN. I had just graduated from College and I was looking forward to working at the “World Famous” Mayo Clinic, as a post-baccalaureate student. Moving to Rochester was a culture shock to say the least. A year later, I’m back in New Jersey reflecting on a wonderful year. In the past year, I’ve grown to love Rochester, forged new friendships (that’ll cherish), and new experiences. All of which, will influence my future for years to come.

Wow, I’m a graduate student!!! It still really hasn’t hit me that I’m a grad student. I’m not exactly sure what to expect but I am still very excited about graduate school and obtaining my PhD. I certainly never envisioned myself on this path but it fits and a part of me is happy that I’ve found a field that I feel passionate about, what else could I ask for. I have no real predictions for what I plan on doing ten years from now…but for the next five years or so I plan on learning and growing as a scientist and adding to the scientific community in my own way. Tomorrow, I start my summer rotation at Jefferson and begin my adjustment to a different world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home